The Analytical Information Markup Language (AnIML) is the emerging ASTM XML standard for analytical chemistry and biological data. It is a combination of:
- A core schema that defines how to store any kind of analytical data;
- A technique schema to describe how to store data for a given analytical technique;
- A set of technique definition documents. These XML files, one per analytical technique, apply tight constraints to the flexible core and in turn are defined by the Technique Schema;
- Extensions to Technique Definitions are possible to accommodate vendor- and institution-specific data fields.
Due to Covid-19, we are holding all events virtually.
Every Tuesday, 10 am EST: AnIML Super Tuesday (weekly coordination meeting)
Every Month (1st Tuesday, 10 EST): AnIML Monthly Summit (community progress update). Next Meeting: June 4, 2020
New articles on AnIML and SiLA
GIT Laboratory Journal Europe have published an interesting article in their international and their German version. They are available for online reading:
Datenaustausch im Labor der Zukunft - Ein Blick auf AnIML und SiLA (German version)
- SLAS Europe, June 26-28, 2019, Barcelona, Spain
- Standards Special Interest Group, June 26, 4:45 pm
- BioLAGO / AnIML / SiLA Joint Workshop, July 4, 2019, Konstanz, Germany
- Forum Labor- und Qualitätsmanagement, Sept 3-4, 2019, Mainz, Germany
Session: AnIML und SiLA - Daten- und Kommunikationsstandards für Labor 4.0
Details and Registration
- LabVolution, May 21-23, 2019, Hannover, Germany
- Smart Lab Panel Discussion: Informatics, Digitalization & Big Data, Smartphone's Lab, May 21, 12.30 pm
- Standards as the basis for digital transformation, Daniel Juchli, Wega IT, English, German
- AnIML & SiLA 2: Data Management and Connectivity in the Smart Lab of the Future, Burkhard Schaefer, BSSN Software, Tue/Wed/Thu 3:00 pm, Abstract, Schedule
- Pittcon 2019 AnIML events.
Stay in touch
Follow @AnIML on Twitter